Litigation & Dispute Resolution
Судебные Разбирательства и Разрешение Споров
Disputes in a globalized world have become a fact of life. We are first and foremost litigators and we are called upon to advise on sometime difficult and contentious matters. Thankfully, court procedures in Cyprus are being overhauled bringing the courts and court procures into the 21st century, which is helping to speed up the court process and shorten the waiting time for trial.
Our firm represents clients on a wide range of civil disputes in our core areas of practice. We handle personal and commercial litigation ranging from injury claims to contractual disputes. Litigation is not our default response however. We mediate and try to settle cases in a dispassionate way giving our clients clear options on the course of their cases. We are measured and diplomatic in mediation but we make no compromise if an aggressive stance is required to protect our clients’ rights.
We litigate in our core areas of practice and we undertake the following:-
- Pre-trial negotiations
- Case presentation in all district courts in Cyprus
- Appeals at the Supreme Court in Nicosia
- Applications for interim injunctions ranging from restraining orders to preservation of assets and disclosure
- Preparation of witness and expert witness statements
- Private investigations
- Appraisals and valuations
- Enforcement and execution proceedings
- Applications for the enforcement of foreign judgments and foreign arbitral awards in Cyprus
We are clear with our fees from the outset. We are transparent with regard to costs at all stages of a contentious case and we bill in stages as the case progresses. We provide an initial free consultation where we advise on options available providing clear steps or measures that can be taken, bearing in mind the circumstances of each case.